You know the Thought Experiments. This is the back of the envelope.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Autumn - Part III

Hey...

It's a whole five days since we last met...I miss you. I wish you hadn't gone. I know, I know, it's your best friend's wedding...but hey, I count for something too, don't I?

:)

Don't be mad now...you know I'm kidding.

About you not caring for me, that is. I do miss you.

I was walking by PTI this afternoon. Can you believe it's been eight months now?? Eight whole months of knowing you...of loving you...it's the same thing...I miss you, Neen.

Keventers got back their vanilla shake, by the way. I went there this afternoon with Deep. I had the mango, though...we'll save the vanilla for when you get back. :)

Come back soon, Neen. I want my security blanket back.

Yes, I know I have to grow up. You can teach me how. We've got the rest of our lives to do all the teaching and learning. :)

Just come back soon, okay?

Love,
Dhrubo

P.S. It's not like I don't know that you won't really be checking your mail there...but I've got to write when I've got to write, right? Love you.

2 comments:

Absolute Chemystic said...

Why is it that when people read a really good story, they want to get at the truth behind it?
I dont know. may be for the same reason that the audience wants to know the truth behind every magical trick. Why try to burst your own bubble ;)
anyways, along those lines, just wondered, what's with this story? :) or may be I should ask you by email ? :)

Crossworder said...

For starters, thanks :) It's especially special when there's a compliment from a penfriend :)

Hmm...I love that bit - "why try to burst your own bubble"...you know, that bit made me think, I oscillate like crazy between never wanting to burst my bubbles, and touching them just a little bit to see if they will last (the whole roundabout logic being, if it's not meant to last, why delude yourself and all the rest of it...)...do I want to burst my bubbles? Eh, I don't know...it's too much thinking!

Ok, I digressed there...about what's with this story...actually, nothing. :) It doesn't borrow from my own life...I've been writing out of my head and I'm adding parts as they come...the story's building itself as I write it. Something tells me it's a happy story...but because I don't know even a word of it till I actually type it here, I have no idea where it is going. :) I kinda like that... :)

But I agree, it's been a while since we swapped updates over email :) let's please do that!